Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notices
The short, friendly from the heart version
I love sharing funny content that I happen across or that is submitted to us. That is why I created this site way back in 2006.
The problem is things get passed around so much that it is impossible to determine who deserves the credit for the original work or even if they wanted credit. Many things are shared with a promotional intention. Most of them tend to identify originating source within the body of the content. We never remove or alter those tags. We post them just like they were submitted.
Many Internet images and other content are licensed under the Creative Commons license, free to share, or other public copyright license. If the license is not included, which they almost never are then there is no way of knowing for sure.
Some of the content on in this site was purchased as 'Private Label Rights' content / product from what we believe to creditable sources.
Having said all that, I’m a firm believer in credit being appropriately given wherever it is deserved. If there is something you see on this site that you created and is not properly credited to you, please let me know. I want to fix that. Send me any links or other information you would like to me to add to the content and I will do it. Just use the contact form, link to the left.
If you prefer that the content be removed, I will comply with your request immediately.
So if you have a problem with something on this site why not try the friendly way first. It sure is a lot easier.
The legal speak versionNotification of Copyright Infringement. Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
PhotoPun.com is an Online Service Provider under Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512 (“DMCA”). PhotoPun.com respects the legitimate rights of copyright owners, expects its users to do the same, and has adopted an efficient notice and take down procedure as required by the DMCA and described herein.
If you are a copyright owner, authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through this site by completing the following notice (“Notice”) and delivering it to PhotoPun.com’s Designated Copyright Agent.
A proper DMCA Notice will notify PhotoPun.com of particular facts in a document signed under penalty of perjury and delivered to PhotoPun.com’s Designated Agent. To write a proper Notice, you must provide the following information, which comes directly from the DMCA statute:
● A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
● Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single Notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
● Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
● Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
● A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
● A statement that the information in the Notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
When filing an infringement claim, please include any URLs identifying the allegedly infringing material along with any other information that might assist the PhotoPun.com Agent’s investigation of your claim.
If the material originates from another website and you believe that PhotoPun.com has cached that material, then confirm any of the following that apply:
● The material has been removed from the originating site;
● access to the material on the originating site has been disabled;
● a court has ordered that the material be removed from the originating site; and/or
● a court has ordered that access to the material on the originating site be disabled.
Failure to include all of the above information may result in a delay in processing the DMCA Notification. If you materially misrepresent that any material infringes your copyright interest, you may be liable for damages, including court costs and attorneys’ fees, and could be subject to criminal prosecution for perjury.
Deliver this Notice with all items completed to PhotoPun.com’s Designated Copyright Agent: By email: legal@PhotoPun.com
Upon receipt of a valid claim PhotoPun.com will follow the procedures provided in the DMCA which prescribe a notice and take down procedure, subject to the user’s or webmaster’s right to submit a Counter-Notification claiming lawful use of the disabled works. PhotoPun.com will have the disputed material removed from public view. PhotoPun.com will also notify the user or webmaster who posted the allegedly infringing material that has been removed or disable access to that material.